On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Geoffrey Hutchison
<geoff.hutchi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - I'm going to take the InputGeneratorWidget out of avogadrolibs /
>>> molequeue and put it into qtgui/ as InterfaceWidget. It will handle both
>>> input generators and the new action scripts (i.e., parsing the JSON from
>>> the scripts) - I will probably add small subclasses to handle the two
>>> different types, e.g., the preview text in the input generators, etc.
>
>> I would not like to lose all the MoleQueue integration due to a Sierra
>> build issue, I am sure we can get to the bottom of it.
>
> That’s not what I’m implying. The InputGeneratorWidget code has no need to
> live in molequeue - it simply takes some JSON and creates a Qt form. That’s a
> simple refactor that will be used by the new action scripts. The new class
> will be called InterfaceWidget (e.g., JSON -> form).

Sounds good, I misunderstood what you meant.

> The MoleQueue integration will live - the InputGeneratorDialog (which already
> is there) will handle the integration as it does now.
>
> I’m not sure whether some widgets will go into the InputGeneratorDialog
> (e.g., the preview text, etc.) or there will be a new InputGeneratorWidget
> that’s a subclass of the InterfaceWidget.

Sounds good, thanks for clarifying what I wasn't clear on. I should
finally have some decent chunks of time to work on improvements. I
already made a few updates to the CMake code for finding Qt5, and have
been working on getting the CJSON branch from the cclib GSoC to a
place where it can be merged. The unit cell part is failing, but it
looks about ready once I get to the bottom of that.

In another project we have been using PyBind11, and for the most part
is has been really nice. That project was using VS2013, and we found
we needed VS2015 but the Linux and Mac builds seemed very smooth.