Hi,

I recently build a fresh tree on Windows using Visual Studio 2017. You can
download the binary Qt package for VS 2015/2017, and just use that to link
to/build against. I can try and write up each step as I do it fresh
tomorrow once I am in front of that machine, but it really didn't take too
long.

You should never have to build Qt, it is a pain to build, and takes quite
some time. I normally use the offline installers that are a little hidden,
but the online installers work fine too,

https://www1.qt.io/offline-installers/

The tricky thing is navigating into the installation to find the correct
Qt5_DIR location as they layer it a little for different compilers. Let me
see if I can find some more concrete details for you tomorrow if no one
else has all the answers to hand.

Thanks,

Marcus