Hi all,

This is Hua Huang, a CS master student from Simon Fraser University, Canada.
I am going to participate in the Google Summer of Code 2010 and I also find
out that several projects of AVRO are quite interesting, especially
AVRO-456(add tools that read/write json records from/to avro data files)
together with AVRO-457 and AVRO-458.

I plan to submit a proposal for these projects which would produce a C/C++
command-line tool to support transformation between AVRO data and other
types of data, like CSV, Json or XML. My key idea is to use parallel bit
stream technology to speed up the parsing procedure in order to build a high
performance tool which will be very useful in practical, especially in the
large-scale dataset.

I sent an email to Doug Cutting(cutt...@apache.org) who is the reporter of
these projects, but I haven't received any reply yet. So I am wondering, is
there anybody who can communicate with me for the details of the projects,
or even suggest me a person so that I could contact with him/her for the
details?

Any feedback is really appreciated. Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

Hua