At 1241879154 time_t, koniu wrote:
> Somewhere there's an implicit raise() or something which in some
> situations causes flicker when a client is being managed. The most
> common situation I see this in is when in max layout and having 1
> urxvt window open,  I spawn another one and for a split second I can
> see it in the top-left corner of the screen in its default size before
> the screen is arranged.

Every new windows start raised.
And that's not a choice, that's how X works AFAIK.
One solution could be to set the window down the stack in
client_manage() and send a configure window request (_if needed_) to
trigger the "go down" before it is mapped later by arrange().

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <jul...@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info