At 1244190670 time_t, Nathan Huesken wrote:
> In manual tiling, one might want to focus an area where no client is.
> (Because he wants to split that area or because he wants the next client
> to appear there).
> This means:
> - No client is input focus
> - The area should be somehow marked. Best would be, the same marking
>   (border) as if there would be a focused client.
>
> Can the tiling algo somehow just draw the window border?

No, you can't draw a border only. You need to have a window.

If you really want to fill the gap, I can make a suggestion: put a wibox
in this space, with a border, and set background to #00000000 (fully
transparent).

Another solution is to put all windows stacked upon each others by
default, and only allow splitting when the stack has more than one
window.

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <jul...@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info