Yeah, Idk, this seems like the sort of thing that's just complicated
overkill. Perhaps it would be acceptable to just have windows appear
beneath the currently focussed one or in a fixed spot where people
then have to move it from? I think that people generally don't have
more than 4-5 windows showing at once, so it's not really that big of
a deal.

Also, with swap/focus by direction, it's pretty trivial to move
windows in a given direction without having to do the complex cycling
routine.

Cheers,

-AT