Gwenhael Le Moine schrieb:
>> I was wondering whether it is possible to switch the beautiful theme
>> depending on key board input. For example I've got two themes and on
>> pressing key xyz beautiful is initialized with another path.
>>
>> Currently I don't have any idea how to accomplish this.
>>
>> I was curious so I tried the following:
> $ awesome-client
> awesome#beautiful.init("/usr/share/awesome/themes/default/theme.lua")
> awesome#beautiful.init( awful.util.getdir("config") ..
> "/theme/baddad/theme.lua" )
> awesome#
>
> and sure enough it works. The switching function and keybinding is left as
> an exercise ;)

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't able to reproduce this when I noticed that my awesome-client
isn't working properly. I always get
>Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.awesome
was not provided by any .service files
I also tried it with org.naquadah.awesome but that didn't work either.
But that's a different story.

When I try to reinit beautiful it only works if I do this before all the
objects are added to the wibox. And whenever I put the initialization
into some keybinding it doesn't do anything. Or am I missing something?