On 20.07.2012 20:18, Musee U wrote:
> I can't reproduce it here but I'm using 3.4.13. I don't see any
> closed/open bugs on it either. Perhaps it's specific to debian testing?
>
> Maybe your rc.lua has something - mind attaching it/pasting it somewhere?
Nevermind, I have no clue. I reinstalled the awesome files (because I
remembered editing  /usr/share/awesome/lib/awful/completion.lua for
another error someone else talked about) and it was gone. Most probably
my own fault. But since the topic is the same, I'm just writing down
what I wanted to fix myself (and didn't do it, yet):

If you have a path with spaces (like in my case /files/Daten/Eigene
Dateien/) and press tab to complete it, it will do that (and escape the
space), but then fail to complete further (deeper) paths and show this
error after [tab] in .xsession-errors:

/bin/bash: Line 0: test: /files/Daten/Eigene: binary operator expected

We guess that in above file, line 126

if os.execute("test -d " .. line) == 0 then

is the cause. But just a guess..

Thorsten