Hi all,

A few days ago I started using Awesome as my window manager (running
inside XFCE on xubuntu 15.10). The versions from the repository are
v3.5.6 (awesome) and 7.4.712 (gvim). I upgraded Awesome to 3.5.9 using a
ppa[1].
When Gvim gets resized, either because I resize the master-pane of
awesome, or simply by switching Awesome layout, Gvim will frequently
hang and/or crash.
From what I could find it seems to be a segfault, but I have no clue
what is causing this. In the past I have been using Gvim without any
problems with xfwm4 (default xfce window manager). I also tried xmonad
for a week where I didn't see these crashes when similarly resizing the
xmonad master-pane or switching layouts.

This is what I saw in the Ubuntu crash-submit tool:
 vim.gnome crashed with sigsegv in get_syntax_atttr()

When starting gvim with `strace gvim -V9log.txt file.tex > stdout.txt 2>
stderr.txt` I got the following in stdout.txt:
RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)
Vim: Got X error
Vim: Finished.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~klaus-vormweg/+archive/ubuntu/awesome