On 04/30/2016 06:16 PM, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 30.04.2016 um 16:28 schrieb Jeroen Budts:
> [...]
>> When starting gvim with `strace gvim -V9log.txt file.tex > stdout.txt 2>
>> stderr.txt` I got the following in stdout.txt:
>> RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter)
>> Vim: Got X error
>> Vim: Finished.
>>
>> Any help on this is much appreciated.
>
> I know that this isn't helpful at all, but this sounds like a problem with
> GVim.
> A BadPicture means that gvim sent a request to the X11 server to act on some
> picture, but that picture does not exist (or is not suitable for this request
> due to some other reason). The window manager has nothing to do with Pictures,
> so.... hm.

I certainly believe that it is probably a bug in Gvim (probably
triggered by one of the plugins I use). I only find it strange that the
issue occurs when running Gvim under Awesome, but not when running Gvim
under Xmonad and (certainly) not when running xfwm4. So that obviously
makes me wonder what is different about the gvim+awesome combination
that triggers this...

Jeroen

--
website: http://budts.be/ - twitter: @teranex