PS I am going to change the bug synopsis since otherwise we'll be committing
to the mercurial history something which is different than what we actually did. I'll just truncate it to "XKeycodeToKeysym is deprecated and should be replaced"

Oh .. Alan see you already did exactly that :-). So we are in agreement there.

-phil.