Hi,
I suggest to check the Swing component first because they have more priority,
so the swing test will be useful.
A few notes about the fix:
 - Can you please double check that the cases described in JDK-8148555,
JDK-8132503,JDK-8073008,JDK-8068283 still works as expected.  We had some
regressions here so it will be useful to double check.
 - Its possible to tweak the test a little bit, and use CountDownLatch instead
of Thread.sleep + interrupt()+TimerTask +Timer. Just await() the main method
and countDown() then the user press the button. In this case you can move all
logic from time to the main method. I guess this will simplify the test.
 - Note that in case of swing you will need to call validateInput() on EDT.