On 28/11/2018 20:24, Philip Race wrote:
Not something we want to do if there's any way out of it.

can we just disable PNG_SET_OPTION_SUPPORTED in
pnglibconfig.h which is something that is "generated" and not part of the png
source ?

I don't see anything that is important enabled by that option.

I added the new option since I am not sure how important the usage of
"PNG_MAXIMUM_INFLATE_WINDOW or PNG_SKIP_sRGB_CHECK_PROFILE"
which is also controlled by PNG_SET_OPTION_SUPPORTED, it also may affect some
other options
which will be added later.

So the current fix adds the new property, as if it was added by the pnglib
maintainer,
and reuses this property for our purpose(comment default define in
"pnglibconfig.h"
and enable it in some cases in makefile).

BTW the small clarification for other questions in the thread:
  the changes in upstream library is in "png.h" file only, the "pnglibconf.h"
is our config on how
to build the lib.

--
Best regards, Sergey.