From: Yadhav Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Inventory Recalculation
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 18 September, 2008, 12:02 AM

Hi,

the PO 2 is not Invoiced at all.. Its only Packing slip updated.. But the items
have been consumed...

Anyway I am checking out all possible combinations.
Also if the Include physical value check box is marked, I closed the Invventory
for that month. I made an invoice for that PO in the next Month, When i run
recalculation again, its throws an error msg that I cant recalculate beacuse
the Inventory is already closed..
i dont understand it

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Arvind Ramesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED] com> wrote:

Hi,

Most of the time in a real scenario, heaps of material arrive
in the receiving store. The store-keeper makes an entry in the
system upon receipt (packing-slip update) and by EOD he (or a QA)
approves all the materials received during the day (invoice-update) .
In between these two activities of the store keeper if the company
wishes to calculate the average cost price of its materials, the
only data it has is the packing-slip price. Whether to include
the packing-slip price or not is set in the "include physical value"
parameter in that particular inventory model group.

One other functionality of this parameter is that, upon checking
this box, the cost of the item is taken from the P.O. and not from
the items form.

When using FIFO, it is also equally important to know at what
point the materials have been received and at what point they
have been consumed. First check the timelines and then see
the status of the purchase order. From your calculation it looks
that PO2 is only partially invoiced for 100 pcs.

Cheers!
Arvind Ramesh.