Steve Loughran wrote:
Jongjin Choi wrote:
My point is that the JAX-RPC and JAX-WS impl in a Java EE 5 container
should use same SAAJ impl. If not, two implementation of one interface
co-exists and that may cause some problem.

I agree with you. SAAJ is SAAJ but SAAJ impl of Axis 2 is based on
Axiom. Isn't it?
I think that if Axis1 and Axis 2 coexits in a Java EE 5 container,
they should use one SAAJ impl (maybe SAAJ of Axis2 ) in common. This
is why I addressed Axis 1 restructuring.

It seems uglier (to me) to use two different SAAJ impl for JAX-RPC and
JAX-WS than to use Axis1 / Axis 2 in a Java EE 5 container.

Do both impls have to be visible to every app in the server? I think you probably would want it that way, because I can imagine an axis2 service that wants to call out to an rpc/enc client. Otherwise you could isolate to one saaj per deployed app.

Also, what about all the wsdl4j stuff -does that stay in sync?

-stve

According to someone from Sun who is on the SOAPBuilders mail list, glassfish runs JAXRPC and JAX-WS side by side, no shared code, but a common SAAJ underneath.

-steve