Jeremy,
From watching a number of WS-Commons and Axis2 releases, it appears
that neither project votes on release binaries in line with the way
the Incubator does things, we seem to simply vote on the principle of
having a release soon with a given feature-set. I don't believe that
in and of itself that's a problem...

However, we've now had a couple of Axiom and Axis2 releases in the
recent past where the need for an x.y.z + 0.0.1 release has become
apparent within days of a release (the most recent at [1]). The impact
of lack of community testing on real Release Candidates is, imo
showing up in clear fashion.

Given that, I'm thinking of proposing that we adopt the incubator
method of publishing a real Release Candidate build + associated SVN
revision number that we vote on, rather than voting on "having a
release soon".

N.B. This isn't meant as criticism of anyone, but an observation that
the current method seems to be producing less that ideal results.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions?
David

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2607