On one hand, given that the transports have been split into several
modules, it makes sense to not activate the less common ones by
default, because it would result in an error when they are not on the
classpath. But I also see your point, Asankha, that if these
transports are on the classpath, it is annoying that people are forced
to write their own axis2.xml in order to use them. Maybe the best
solution would be to allow to mark transports in axis2.xml as
"optional" and enhance Axis2 so that if the implementation class of a
transport marked this way can't be loaded, it just ignores it.

Andreas