Chinmoy,

The error indeed indicates that you also need to upgrade to a newer
AXIOM version. Snapshots are available from [1]. For the other issue:
the next Axis2 release will indeed require Java 1.5. If upgrading to
that Java version is not an option for you, please have a look at
retrotranslator [2].

Andreas

[1]
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ws/commons/axiom/