----- Original Message -----
From: "Pascale, Peter H." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 06:33
Subject: RE: wsdl and documentation

> Why does java2wsdl run against the .class files? Is that to ensure the
WSDL
> is generated from a compile-able version of the interface? Or because
> reflection is the main approach to capturing the necessary info?

reflection is the main approach to getting the info, though debugging info
is used to get at things like parameter names. The alternative would be to
parse the source, and there is no need to do that when reflection does it
for you.

> I guess this kills my thinking that this might be simple.

i never thought it'd be simple :(. And like I said before: xdoclet. Though I
still think you should write the WSDL and generate the server and client
code from it, as if it was just another IDL syntax.

> Peter

How