Hi,

        I'm in the Web Services team at BT. We use Axis a lot, as it works,
and scores highly on interoperability.

        For the last couple of months I've had to look at calling web
services secured with various kinds of Transport Security, i.e. Basic
Authentication with and without SSL, and Client Certificate Authentication.

        The clients I've been using for the tests are WebLogic Server 7.0
Service Pack 2, .NET (c#) and Axis 1_1 RC2.

        According to my tests, the Axis Client is slower on all
measurements. This is not a criticism, maybe Axis isn't  intended for
performance, but I wondered if anyone could comment on this ?

        Is there anything I should be doing to improve the performance of
Axis Clients ?

        If anyone knows anything about performance, and needs more detail, I
can supply it.

Thanks

Dave