But what about the doc/literal issues related to returning array of beans. Wouldn't Dan hit the wall at some point. Atleast I hit the wall when I tried to move towards doc/literal. We were using rpc/encoded style before and everything was working great. When I read that rpc/encoded has permance problems I tried to move to doc/literal style (actually wrapped/literal) but I was stuck with returning arrays issue. My .NET client doesn't serialize the beans at all. I read the Eric's thread and other email threads related to this issue but could not really come up with a solution.

Praveen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Anne Thomas Manes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: rpc/literal vs document/literal, and returning a list of objects

And just to clarify...

The difference between doc/literal and wrapped/literal is in the way
you invoke the service -- the contents on the wire (the structure of
the SOAP message) will be identical.

In doc/literal, you input an object (javabean), and you return an
object (javabean). In wrapped/literal, you input parameters, and you
return an object. Wrapped/literal is a programming convention that
make doc/literal look like rpc/literal.

Don't use rpc/literal because .NET doesn't support it.

Regards,
Anne