Hello everyone!

I'm currently in the process of porting Unity to Arch Linux.

I'm at a point where everything pretty much compiles but

not everything works correctly.

I've created packages for Ubuntu's patched Xorg because

utouch's dependency on it. However, Xorg will not start. The

cursor blinks in the left corner and the whole system crashes.

Nothing is logged to "/var/log/Xorg.*.log{,.old}". Maybe it

crashes too early in the loading process?

For the packages that have Ubuntu specific patches, I've added

a line to the build file that applies all the patches listed in

"debian/patches/series".

Here are the packaging files I created:

Here is a tar.bz2 of the source packages of:

  -- glib2-ubuntu

  -- inputproto-ubuntu

  -- libx11-ubuntu

  -- libxi-ubuntu

  -- mtdev-ubuntu

  -- utouch-evemu

  -- utouch-frame

  -- utouch-geis-ubuntu

  -- utouch-grail

  -- xf86-input-evdev-ubuntu

  -- xf86-input-synaptics-ubuntu

  -- xorg-server-ubuntu

http://ubuntuone.com/p/1Gca/

At this point, I'm not sure if Xorg crashes because certain

packages haven't been patched yet or if I just need to recompile

all of the Xorg packages. Are there any other packages besides

the ones listed above that are required for Ubuntu's Xorg to

function?

Thanks in advance!

Xiao-Long Chen