How about the surname Bento? Sounds abit like Bennett. Anyway, just another possiblitiy. Maria Natalia
On May 18, 4:12 pm, nancy jean baptiste <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Robyn, > > I went to the link you sent and found an ancestors name....not sure if it's > really him though and the page has no title so I'm not sure what this is that > I'm looking at. Is it naturalization records for Ventura, Ca.? I'm not sure > that my Joseph Enos was ever there.....but the name is right and the dates > are close.... > > Thanks, > > Nancy > > > > > > > Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 13:16:00 +1000 > > Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Bennett surname--and interesting story > > From: [email protected] > > To: [email protected] > > > I was interested in this because I have Azorean ancestors who married > > resident Englishment . Their English names were genuine and not > > anglicised. That may be a possibility as well. > > > But then again , have you seen this site? > > >http://www.venturacogensoc.org/NR245.htm > > > It mentions naturalization records for John Bennett and Manuel Bennett > > of Portugal dated August 1892 - a lot of the Portuguese have > > anglicised at least their first names. > > > Cheers > > > Robyn > > _________________________________________________________________ > Hotmail® has a new way to see what's up with your > friends.http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM...- > Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

