Nicole,

Download the Portuguese Word List published by the FamilySearch/Family
History Library here:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/RG/frameset_rg.asp?Dest=G1&Aid=&Gid=&Lid=&Sid=&Did=&Juris1=&Event=&Year=&Gloss=&Sub=&Tab=&Entry=&Guide=WLPortug.ASP

Or if that URL is too long: http://tinyurl.com/b2q9zx

I'm not sure how the Portuguese newspaper word them.  I know a few death
words from the handwritten book of deaths (obitos) in the Azorean churches:

falceu = died
viuvo/viuva = widow/widower
mais ou menos = more or less (after their age)
(not sure I spelled all the Portuguese words right)

You can gets the dates, months, years from the URL above.  You'll probably
recognize a name as a name.

Not sure if this is what you meant by looking for phrases.

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to