When I was growing up my family would go and visit friends/?cousins named
Piques. He was a furniture maker/carpenter. My mother told me that her
father, Manuel Borges Giesta was Piques mentor back in the 40's. I'm
assuming where my grandfather was from Ribeira Grande that he may have been
from there. He lived in Cambridge, MA back in the 50's working for the
Mayflower Company. He had five children; Louis from Melrose, MA, Gabrielle
from Somerville, MA, Albertina from NY, Laura from France and then Andover,
MA and Eva from Sebago, ME. This was remembering back 20 years ago so that
may have changed. They always called him Piques never by his first name
which I'm trying to remember what that was. I'll ask my uncle, but I'm not
sure since he's from my father's side and not my mom's side.

 

Linda

 

 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Eliseu Manuel Pacheco da Silva
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] SENGO and PIQUES surnames!!!!

 

Hi Group,

 

Does anyone know anything about: 

 

SENGO and PIQUES surnames?

 

Thank you in advance

 

Eliseu

 




No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.24/2255 - Release Date: 07/22/09
18:00:00



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to