On Jul 28, 2009, at 10:25 AM, carmen furtado wrote:

> I used to love these but haven't had them for years - was wondering  
> if they were available in massachusetts - can't remember how my  
> grandmother cooked them - boiled or baked - thanks - carmen

Earlier this spring I bought some bulbs of Colocasia esculenta at  
Costco. They are sold as a decorative garden plant, Elephant Ears-- 
they have a large leaf. Mine are growning nicely in a container. This  
is the plant known as inhames or taro root. I am planning to eat them.

I don't recommend this to anyone else. If you grow them to eat, buy  
the roots from someone who is selling them as such.  :)   You don't  
want to eat something that was mistakenly identified...

Mary Bordi
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to