My Dad was from Pico.  University of Minho has all of the areas  online.
Take what they have as starting point.  The address is listed  below.  On the
first page, click on Ilha do Pico and on the next page,  click on the area
on the map that your relatives were from.  You may be  asked to do it again
and then you will reach a page that has an arrow in a box  near the bottom
and you will click on it.  When the next page loads, you  will see a bunch of
flags.  Click on the British flag and from then on  everything will be in
English.  There are mistakes in these files, but it  will give a place to
start.  By the way, I was just in Fresno this weekend,  I live near Sacramento.

_http://www.neps.ics.uminho.pt/açores.html_
(http://www.neps.ics.uminho.pt/açores.html)

Mary Ann

In a message dated 1/5/2010 9:44:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,