I am new to this group.  Found a Menorah that my grandmother owned.  It is 
driving me crazy because I cannot get any information.  I think it belonged to 
my grandfather because my grandmother was a devote Catholic.  He lived in the 
Azores when the jewish population was over 30%.  How can I get more 
information. 








----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Shirley Allegre" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 








Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:07:59 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern 
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Antonio Jose de Sousa Pereira of Sao Jorge 


Hi Nancy:  I tried reading that marriage (4 June 1800) in Velas.  It is 
EXTREMELY difficult to read. 
This is the best that I could decipher: 

DOMarriage  4 June 1800, Velas, Sao Jorge, Azores   (#1355  page 70 Left Top) 
Antonio Jose de Sousa, age 23 
(Manoel Antonio de Sousa, deceased X Ines da____________ ) 
SPOUSE 
Marianna Clara do Espirito Santo, age 22 
daughter of Clara Cordeiro ??  who is the daughter of Isabel da Costa ?? 
natives of Velas. 

I tried to find DOBirths for Antonio & Marianna, but couldn't find anything. 

Good Luck, 
Shirley in CA 



----- Original Message ----- 
From: nancy jean baptiste 
To: azores group 
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 3:05 PM 
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Antonio Jose de Sousa Pereira of Sao Jorge 

 Greetings to you all, 
  
     I'm wondering if anyone has any information or connection to: 
  
     Antonio Jose de Sousa Pereira, born around 1777 
  
        who married on June 4,1800.....in Velas 
  
     Marianna Clara do Espirito Santos, born around 1774 
  
  
These are parents of my ggggrandfather......also named Antonio Jose de Sousa 
Pereira who married Isabel de Jesus da Silveira.....daughter of Manuel Avila 
Teixeira and Maria de Jesus (?) 
  
They had 10 children. 
  
Regards, 
Nancy Jean Baptista 
  
  
  


The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with 
Hotmail. Get busy. 

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive. 
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." 

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive. 
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to