From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azo...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Michelle
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 7:33 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Peter REGO b. Sant Cruz Lagoa 10 January
1874

Hello again Marge

Looking at his death record found at UMass Dartmouth confirms that the
marriage record (1899) I found showing his wife (second) as Maria
aka/Margarida Garcia is the same. It also matches the death date that you
gave. Children were: Guilherme, Antonio, Pedro, Jose & Joao do Rego. I was
hoping to find siblings mentioned so I could check their marriage records at

NEHGS for the parents names. I can only assume from my past experience that
since they weren't mentioned they passed before him. FYI...this death record

say's he was in the states for 60 years. I've seen the surname Garcia
changed to Grace in the past so there is still a possibility that this is
the correct person but others in the group can confirm if they've seen that
as well.

I did find another marriage record (same date) at familysearch showing her
born in California as well as Peter's/aka Pedro born 1906 showing her first
name as Margaret.

If you know the names of any of his siblings I'll check NEHGS for you if you

don't have a membership with them. I did find a Manuel do Rego (born Sao
Miguel) married to a Susan Maskelly (Scotland) on 3/21/1904. His father is
shown as Antone do Rego & his mother as Annie Isabella. Mother's name is
close enough to be the same person but just not sure without knowing if
Pedro had a brother named Manuel. BTW...he was living in Fall River.

Another source (familysearch.org pilot search) shows Pedro's (Sr) mothers
name as Anna Izabel Trema...for the same marriage record on May 11, 1895 in
New Bedford to Margarida Arruda (first marriage).

FYI...a Manuel da Rego was born to Pedro & Margarida (first wife) in New
Bedford on 1/25/1896 & died 7/20/1896 in New Bedford.  The death record
states the cause of death was Cholera. Parents shown as Pedro & Margarida da

Rego.  Both parents are shown born in St. Michaels.

I had already found the above information before receiving your recent
message but didn't have a chance to email it. I thought I would send it
anyway just in case.

Best of luck in your search...

Michelle