I am 72 and trying in vain to find my family roots.  My grandmother
died in Massachussetts about 1917 or so.  I suspect she was born about
1895 give or take 5 years.  I can not find any record of her
death,birth or marriage.  Or my mothers birth certificate (she was
born in the US).  I suspect Santo Christo Church in Fall River should
have a record, but I do not know how to get it.  I know my grandmother
and my grandfather came from Sao Miguel around Punta del Garda.  His
name was Sameao Viveiros, hers was Teresa Frias although she may have
Maria as her first name.
Any one have any suggestions?