Hi Yvonne,

Disregard the other information I sent you. That is the wrong family.
Looking at the Passport record I read the following:

Manuel Joaquim de Costa age 56 Son of Jose Joaquim de Costa and Rosa
Caetana

Maria dos Santos age 56 daughter of Manuel (Vieira?) (Gi?) and Rosa do
Espirito Santo.

Idelina age 19

Lepoldina age 16

And looking at the last line it appears this person is traveling with
them

Manuel Ferreira age 10 son of Manuel (Rego?) and Julia dos Santos.

I have a Manuel son of Jose Joaquim de Costa and Rosa Caetana born in
Ribeirinha on 1 Oct 1850 but no marriage record for him (Which means he
may have married after 1883) I am still looking for Maria dos Santos. I
am going to have to search the records for births in 1850 for her.

May be some one else on the list can look at this CCA record and get a
better read on the names of the parents of Maria dos Santos.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Epping, New Hampshire, USA

Researching Bretanha, Ribeirinha, Ribeira Grande, Achade Grande, and
Ponta Delgada,  Sao Miguel, Acores