From: cakemom...@aol.com <cakemom...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: 1910 Alameda County birth record
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 9:17 AM

My mother was born at home in 1916.  Apparently, there was some disagreement at
to what she was to be named and when my grandfather went into town to register
her birth, he did so with the name that he wanted.  My mother was baptised as
Anna and that is what the churdh records say and that is name that she went by
her whole life.  However, when my mother applied for Social Security her birth
certificate was not under that name.  After searching, a child named Filomena
was found with correct date and parents.  She had to officailly claim that
birth certificate as her own.  I've always thought that this story was kind of
amusing, but not if you are the one looking for the record.

Mary Ann