Thank you Bruce, I was going to say to Cheri, she must have overlooked that
town in Sao Miguel. My ggrandfather Manuel de Andrade de Almedia Rodrigues
was from there.
 
Chris, I have de Sousa as well, but need to see if we are connected on that
line. I will email you directly.
 
My cousin Suzanne Carreiro is a de Sousa as well, she hasn't been on line,
but I will reach out and see if she is connected on the Carreiro side. I
also have a cousin Carlos Carreiro from Fall River, MA;  mother was
Estrelinha and Evaristo Carreiro from Sao Miguel. They lived in Ponta
Delgada, Sao Miguel.
 
 
 
 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Bruce A. Tavares
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [AZORES-Genealogy] Francisco J G Muniz


Hi Chris,
 
There is also a village named Sao Roque on the Island of Sao Miguel, [St.
Michael]. It is the next village east of the capital, [Ponta Delgada]. I've
been to the beach in that village. Very nice!
 
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GWYE_enUS252US252
<http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GWYE_enUS252US252&q=sao+roque+sao+miguel
&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sao+Roque,+Portugal&gl=us&ei=TBczTf_9K4KC8gaQrrTYCA
&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA>
&q=sao+roque+sao+miguel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sao+Roque,+Portugal&gl=us&ei
=TBczTf_9K4KC8gaQrrTYCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ8g
EwAA

Take care,
 
Bruce Tavares
 
 
> Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 01:08:07 -0800
> Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Francisco J G Muniz
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> 
> Hi all this is my first post so please excuse any mistakes. I am
> trying to trace my gg grandfathers family in Azores. Following is most
> of the information i have, I i dont know when he got to Australia.
> Help needed please to find out about his family.
> 
> FRANCISCO JOAQUIM MUNIZ b 1838 Sao Roque,Azores,Portugal, m AGNES
> MIRK 1859 Smythesdale,Victoria Australia d 1899
> Smythesdale,Victoria,Australia. They had 8 children
> father of Francisco is; FRANCISCO CARREIRO MUNIZ b 1803 Sao
> Roque,Azores. mother, MARIA JOAQUINA REA b 1803 Sao Pedro,Azores.
> father of Francisco C ; FRANCISCO MUNIZ b Asturias,Spain
> mother; FRANCISCA JACINTA DE SOUSA b 1780 Sao Pedro,Azores
> 
> I hope someone knows of this family and can help
> Best Wishes
> Chris
> 
> -- 
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when
they arrive.
> For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."


-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to