Shirley, I live in San Luis Obispo, California. Let me know if I can help.
My husband was born in SLO, do you still have family here?

I have a number of pictures and documents related to Brebes, that I am still
trying to get scanned and sent for one of their family members.  I am slow
but I eventually get to them.  

BTW I changed computers and have been unable to transfer my address book, so
I'd appreciate it if those I've emailed with would resend their addresses
and the names I promised to look up.  Then, maybe I can send what I have.



Ronnie French, Researching: Jacinto da Costa from San Jose, Ponta Delgada,
San Miguel, Azores and wife Marianna Lucianna, diocese of Agra, living on
Alegria St. Parents of Jacinto: Manuel and Laureanna Joaquina.  Parents of
Marianna: Manual Francisco Liborio and Francisca Candida.  Children who
immigrated to Hawaii in 1883 w/Jacinto and Marianna: Manual, Jacinto,
Maria/Mary, my ggrandmother(Nana), Paulo.  The other side are from Madeira.

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Shirley
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:23 AM
To: Azores Genealogy
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Melo Family (deMello, Mello)



On Jan 17, 2:04 pm, "Besotes" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello Shirley,
>
> Where did your Grandmother's Xavier family settle in the US (if they did)?
>
> We visited the Azores in 2008 and had a wonderful time.  Fortunately, we
> were able to meet our Bettencourt family members in Terceira though not
any
> of our other lines.  Good luck with your research.
>
> Robin Borba Besotes

My grandfather settled in San Luis Obispo, California.  The story goes
that his father came to work in the gold fields around Placerville and
then sent for his son (my grandfather))  Some think that they had the
same name - Francisco Vieira Mello.  dropped the de when they came.
My grandfather had 6 children - Antone, Francisco, George, Maria, Enos
and Manuel.  They have all passed.  I believe there are only 5
grandchildren still alive, only 2 with the last name of Mello.  I am
the only one who does not live in California.

Thank you for replying.

Shirley Mello Fabel

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions
when they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."


-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3389 - Release Date: 01/18/11


-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to