My maternal grandmother, Maria Jose Ferreira Dinis, traveled from Terceira via 
white Star Line, S.S. Cretic to the US in 1915.  She is the one I could not 
find entering via Ellis Island.  
 
Elaine found her entering via the port of Boston.  She was going to: "her 
father, Joao Ferreira Dinis; in Holt Station, San Joaquim."  Her father was 
working in San Gregorio which is half way between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz 
on the California border with the Pacific Ocean.
 
I found someone who worked for the railroad and asked about Holt Station.  I 
was told that was a station in 1915 just outside Stockton, CA.  I have not 
followed up on that information to see if the station still exists.  
 
I also have a complicated story about my maternal grandfather; however, he left 
Lisbon for the US in 1913.  
 
Celeste, Hayward, CA
Celeste Perry [email protected]

--- On Sun, 1/23/11, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

(3) Any thing else of interest you may have regarding this journey would be 
helpful.  


      

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to