The Carlos Machado work (for Sao Miguel island only): That manuscript is on the CCA Web site. However, Fr. Joe Viveiros of Swansea, Massachusetts indexed all 660 pages (and they are HUGE pages, not 8 x 11 or even 8 x 14). He worked on this for a period of 4 - 6 years (I can't remember, but George and John Raposo probably remember). He has the index in a Gedcom that you can import into your genealogy program. Then you can reference the actual page if you want to verify against the original work. I don't remember the cost of the index (maybe $50-60) for this 660+ pages. I'm sure George or John can tell you where to mail the check (I know it is to be made out to Fr. Joseph Viveiros).
Cheri Mello Listowner, Azores-Gen Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada -- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

