I walked in there last month and it has been remodeled... most of the
readers are gone.  I have heard that there are films from the Azores there
but each and every time I go there... no one can direct me to them.  I don't
know if I would know what to look for in there if I did find them for now...
The room is now a vast array of computers... all updated and nice.  They
changed the lighting in the room and it is a nice update.  But again, many
of the readers are gone.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Eileen Leite <eileenle...@seleite.com>wrote:

> I am in the Chicago area, and use the Naperville IL FHC.  They have 2 of
> the narrow-film  viewers, with different magnifications, out of about 12
> viewers total. They have seen better days (I had to learn to get one of them
> to focus -it’s an art, requiring one to reach up and press on the cover
> plate of the film guide to sharpen the left side of the image) but as far as
> I can tell, there is only one woman reading Italian films and myself who use
> them.  But I am grateful that their
>
> hours are generous, the facility is only a few miles from my house and that
> my skinny little film boxes are easy to find in the drawers packed with the
> fat ones!
>

> Eileen Leite
>
> Who is slowly but surely finding ‘cousins’ in Ponta Garca & Povoacao, Sao
> Miguel.

Eric Gomes
Castro Valley, CA

Surnames: Gomes, Smith, Townsend, Lopes, Cabral, Erwin, Kennedy, Rodman,
Rodrigues, and many more.