No Kathie,
There is a very interesting case in Lages das Flores.* Nicolau de
Fraga. *He had a son
*Manuel Francisco Nicolau* who had a son *Francico Antonio de Fraga* who in
turn had a son *Manual Francisco Nicolau*  This individual then had several
sons, on of which was* Manual Francisco Nicolau*
 The others all had *Nicolau* as the Surname so in that line the
*Nicolau*surname seems to have "stuck"

In another line, the *Fraga* surname reappeared  at the 4th generation and
it really gets complicated.
John Vasconcelos