On the Family Tree on Ancestry.com you can try to contact the list owner.  
They may get in touch with you. I have had some who do & some who don't. 
Good luck!
Sherry
 
 
In a message dated 12/10/2011 7:59:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email protected] writes:

Thank  you! Sorry, I wasn't sure how detailed to be. I can now see that
you all  are a wealth of willingness and talent!

I can't seem to upload the  images I have from Ancestry.com. Terceira
is the island, with Anna voz  Toste departing in 1920 from St. Michael
and arriving thru Boston in April  1920. I'm told that Jose Borges
emigrated in 1917 but find no census  records which include him. He was
destined for his sister Anna Borges and  her husband Manuel Roderick in
Providence, RI. My search for them  intersected with a public family
tree posted to Ancestry.com, and according  to this there is a living
female child from their marriage. My (my  husband's) Uncle Joe is very
eager to contact this heretofore unknown first  cousin. Since she is
living, the Ancestry site understandably keeps her  data private. I
tried searching for obit in CT and RI and FLm but haven't  found
anything.

The FRC is a great idea. We're in Anchorage so I  expect I can get
there very easily. Thanks again, you all inspire me! The  Azores are
among my Mother in Law's happiest memories with her husband. I  hope to
visit with our family, too.

On Dec 8, 8:03 pm, Cheri  Mello <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Tiffany,
>
>  Knowing you are researching your spouse's grandparents doesn't give us  a
> time line.  If your husband is 25, his grandparents could be 75  (born in
> the 1930s).  If your husband is 75, his grandparents  could have been born
> in the 1880s.  There would be different  locations to begin your search.  
So
> it's best to write by using  dates.
>
> Some people scan and post records they have found from  their local Family
> History Center (FHC).  Some people provide  links from the CCA web site
> (Centro de Conhecimento dos Acores).  The CCA has only a small portion of
> records  online.
>
> You should look on the Azores GenWeb to get an idea of  how to extract the
> info from the Portuguese  records:http://goo.gl/AGgvp
>
> Also, it's good to mention the  island.  Praia da Vitoria is on Terceira.
> There's a Ribeirinha on  Terceira, Sao Miguel, and forget where else.
>
> Why don't you  post the name of one ancestor, his birth, marriage,
> immigration,  death, census, or whatever you have found.  Then post what 
you
>  have for his wife.  Once we see the facts we will be better to help  you.
>
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>  Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das  
Tainhas,
> Achada

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send  email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation  directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List,  Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and  visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the  blue area on the right 
that 
says "Join this group" and it will take you to  "Edit my membership."

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to