Hi Pat,

You are correct.  Caetano Moniz Furtado founded Furtado's.  According to
"Portuguese Spinners", stories of Portuguese Americans in southeastern New
England, Emily Nunes
(Ermalinda) was Caetano' neice.  In the 1930(?) census, Manoel and Emily lived
on Stewart St, Fall River with their daughters Emily and Gorgianna.  Also note,
Emily was his 2nd wife, he was widowed.  There is a nice story about the
Furtado's with pictures of the Furtados and Emily and her daughter.  There is
no mention of Manoel Nunes.

Judi