Hi Betty,

My grandfather, Francisco Jose Luiz from Faial, came to this country in the
 1800's and by the 1900 census had changed his name to Frank J. Lewis.
Lewis has been the family name since.  However, the tombstone on the family
plot in Sacrament, Ca. is inscribed Luiz.

Mary Ann

In a message dated 1/25/2012 9:16:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,