I am a newbie here and found this group by Googling St Johns cemetery.  I
understand there is a book of burial records available.  I am 69 years old
and started researching my roots less than a year ago.  I am finding that I
need accurate death dates to get anywhere and I'm hoping to get some help
here.

My grandfather was Manuel Correia Silva b. 16 Nov 1867 at Covas, Graciosa.
He arrived in New Bedford on 22 Apr 1882 at the age of  15.  Family lore
says he came as a stowaway.  He was a well known and successful barber in
New Bedford from 1883 until his retirement around 1937.  I think that
everyone in the family came from Covas or Fontes, Graciosa.

He married Anna or Anne Mendonca in 1886. She was also from Covas.  They
had four children, Mary b. 3 Jan 1887, Anna b. 12 Feb 1891, Manuel Jr. b.
15 jun 1898 and Charles b. 16 Jun 1899.  Those last two dates are suspect.
Mary married Edmund Burke and Anna married John Key.

Anne died on 22 Dec 1909 and is buried at St. Johns.

Manuel married Laurentina Mendonca on 12 Jun 1911 and they had a son
Leonard Correia b. 6 Feb 1921.

Others buried in what I think is a family plot might be Charles who died
sometime between 1937 and 1940, Manuel Sr. who I think died in 1956, Laura
or Laurentina about 1957-58.

Other family names that might be there are Mendoza, Mendonca, Espindola,
Medeiros.

I am hoping to find actual death dates for any of these ancestors.

Thanks you very much.