Dear Listers,

I agree with Mary Anne. The NEPS site should be used as a guide and then
you can go to the actual documents on the Azores Government site (the
church records for Pico are all there) to check them out yourself. One of
my great grandma's was listed as Andrea and it is clearly Andreza on the
record. Also my grgrandpa was listed as Joao Goncalves Santana and I had
him only as Joao Goncalves. When I went and checked the marriage record it
was clearly only Joao Goncalves and Maria Rodrigues. So, at some point he
added the Santana.

Be advised that the NEPS records for Ribeira Seca, Sao Jorge are only from
1800 forward! Don't think that your person is not Ribeira Seca because he
doesn't appear when you search. Anything prior to 1800 is not on the site
according to Joao Ventura. These types of things along with not listing
the abandoned/illegitimate children leaves a lot of people out of the
picture.

Rosemarie