I agree that the paper is very relevant. As I write biographies for each of my family members, there are so many questions I wished I had asked my father, grandmother and other relatives. This article will help me fill in some of the "blanks." Thanks for sharing. Deb McCabe Fregusias: Feteira, Faial; Sao Mateus, Pico Some names: Martins, Bento, Azevedo, Goulart(e), Costa, Maciel
When I searched for ancestors, I found friends! >________________________________ >From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> >To: [email protected] >Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:32 AM >Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Opportunity & Saudade > > >Felicia Angeja Viator has written a very good paper about Azorean immigrants >in California after WW II, published in Hindsight, a publication of the >History Dept. at Fresno State. Gives a lot of insight into the Azorean >immigrant experience at the time, especially for women. It's a 28-page PDF: > >http://www.fresnostate.edu/socialsciences/historydept/organizations/hindsight/spring2012.html >-- >To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >[email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when >they arrive. >For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail >(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at >http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right >that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." > > -- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

