A friend pointed me to this group. Thanks very much for all the kind words 
about my paper. I appreciate the feedback, especially from those of you 
with immigrant relatives. It is incredible to me when I hear strangers' 
stories about their own Azorean immigrant heritage, and I see there are so 
many parallels to mine. "Alzira" in this work is my own grandmother, and 
there are others in the research who I knew well. That made the project 
especially rewarding, but also very challenging because I wanted to be sure 
I represented, as best as I possibly could, the Azorean immigrant 
experience broadly. I wanted to be sure that the research honored not just 
the history of my family, but the histories of so many California Azorean 
families. I hope I've done that for those of you who took the time to read 
it. 

Thanks again. 

Do meu coração, 
Felicia 


On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:32:38 AM UTC-7, Steve Peters wrote:
>
> Felicia Angeja Viator has written a very good paper about Azorean 
> immigrants in California after WW II, published in Hindsight, a publication 
> of the History Dept. at Fresno State. Gives a lot of insight into the 
> Azorean immigrant experience at the time, especially for women. It's a 
> 28-page PDF:
>
>
> http://www.fresnostate.edu/socialsciences/historydept/organizations/hindsight/spring2012.html
>

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to