OK, if you must know ...

I've been at this 20 years.  First I was on AOL and ran the Portuguese chat
there with Mel (of YourIslandRoutes), John Vasconcelos, and Linda C who did
the Madeira questions.  When the AOL genealogy chats were reconfigured by
AOL, the Portuguese chats went to LusaWeb.  Chats eventually had their
day.  Lists/listservs were taking over.  Most genealogy lists were housed
on Rootsweb.  The Rootsweb systems have their rules and regulations.  One
thing you cannot do on Rootsweb is attach a file so others can look at it.
If Portuguese is not your native language, that makes it really hard to
figure out those records.  There were also other problems as well.  Eloise
Cadinha asked me to start another list.  I contacted some genealogy admins
on Yahoo Groups and Google Groups and went with Google.  Eloise was the
first member and I was the 2nd! (She must be a quick typist)!

I'm sure person 1000 is wondering what they've started!  I just thought
1000 was a neat number and realized our list is 7 years old, so I posted
the milestones.  Not to get kudos from all of you.  So we don't drive
person 1000 off the list, I will tell the 975 of you who have not said
anything that you are quite welcome, and let's all get back to genealogy :)

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas,
Achada

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to