Cheri, Denis, Shirley, MNK, Margaret and all who assisted on translations of
this marriage, thank you very much.  I am most appreciative.  It was a very
confusing one for me with words/language I was not familiar with.

Margaret, I "googled" the "Alvara/decree" but; could not find anything that
pertained to relatives marrying.  Most that I found were references to land
ownership.  Can you clarify for me what the Alvara decree said?

Also, maybe I'm dense but; I'm still confused as to the actual date of
marriage your #1 below says: Jan 7, 1874 was the marriage date but; then you
say in #3 below that the 3rd of the current month and year refers to the
present action (the date and day of marriage, today) so, was it the  3rd of
the current month and year that the Alvara decree came into effect or was
the 3rd of Jan 1874 the date of marriage rather than the 7th?

Apologies for my confusion and many thanks again for everyone's help! Sam
(currently enroute to Mazatlan, MX for the winter)