Hi Mara

What year did  your GGrandfather go to Africa? Where did you get the
passports? Maybe they went to Africa for work. Was there any particular
gold mining or the like I wonder. Just a thought.

Thanks for the link to the Qland gov. site. I haven't looked at the Qland
records for a while and it seems to be updated. I see they have electoral
rolls for the time but they are on CD ROM. I will give them a call and see
if I can access them without travelling to Qland. Joaquim's wife, my
GGrandma, actually lived in Qland  after immigrating from Denmark. She was
married there to her Danish boyfriend and never divorced. This is why I
think that Joaquim probably was in Qland too: they "disappeared" down to
Sydney and took on a new name. Can't find what happened to her first
husband - anywhere.

Such fun. All these skeletons in the closet and to think that my parents
and grandparents didn't know about the things we are now finding out.

Diane