Hi Dano,

Thanks for your reply and yes, there was some helpful information :-). If
my translation is correct (and it’s so easy for me to get it wrong), the
doze). Talk about “bad luck”! LOL

I do believe that the missing half record indicates the groom as Belchior
Glz Cordeiro son of Balthazar Afonso already deceased. From the year, other
names mentioned and subsequent records, I’m reasonably confident about whom
the groom is, but I just wanted to be sure that I’m not “making it up” :-).
Sadly,
the Quatro Riberas lead is another of my brick walls (more like complete
dead end in a tunnel) since the records for that parish don’t start until
1668 – imagine my complete and utter disappointment when I went looking!
Couldn't have gone any further back with the Biscoitos records anyway as
there were no more books. So, that’s it with the research and am now
tidying up “loose ends” LOL … hence my question.

Thanks for transcribing and confirming Maria’s parents’ names – it’s always
good to get someone else’s input.

Cheers,

Giovanni