Can you give me a better idea of what is inside this book? The previews at 
Amazon and Lulu are only of the cover, which really isn't really a preview 
at all. Is there a name index, or is a listing by frequesa/parish? Also, is 
there any new info that's not published in the older book Famílias da Ilha 
das Flores?' I ask, because I remember seeing marriage info for some people 
in that book, so if I already have the info from that, would this just be a 
duplicate?
 
One word on formats. The Kindle format seems to be the same price as the 
Lulu version, $14.99. Though it's a "Kindle" version, there are Kindle apps 
for Android, IOS, Windows and Mac, so while it does have DRM, it IS 
supported by a large amount of devices. For example, I've got a Nook Color, 
which I've installed the Kindle app, along with my pc laptop, with a Kindle 
app. Being that this is Amazon, I doubt they'd ever drop support for their 
formats in future software apps. That would make any sense.

The problem with the ADE version (Lulu) is you will only be able to use it 
on Mac or Windows. While you might be able to side load it and use it on 
Android, that's assuming you have Flash installed on your device, which 
Adobe has killed for Android, and I'm not sure it was ever available on IOS 
to begin with (Steve Jobs was notoriously anti-Flash).

On Friday, December 28, 2012 3:33:47 AM UTC-8, João Ventura wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Finally, Francisco Gomes has published his 'Casais das Flores e do Corvo' 
> book in e-book format. I suggested this to him recently after I saw the 
> website for the book disappear from the web. I was informed that he had 
> managed to sell all the paper copies, and I asked him to consider keeping 
> it 'alive' as an e-book...
>
>

-- 
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

Reply via email to